DOWN TOWN ASSOCIATION
ROOFTOP ADDITION & COMPREHENSIVE BUILDING UPGRADE
The Romanesque Revival private clubhouse is the oldest in New York built for and still occupied by its members, and is the second such oldest – behind the Hope Club of Providence – in the United States. The club -- a landmark since 1997 -- was built by Charles C. Haight in 1886 and added to in 1910 by Warren & Wetmore.
PACA's work involved an interior conditions assessment and new building program followed by a feasibility study to remove certain floors and adding back 5 floors.
The project is designed to restore all of the existing dining and club rooms, and to add a new rooftop addition for 42 guest bedrooms and a new gym.
The project also includes a comprehensive MEP system upgrade and retro fitting three existing elevators.
Downtown Manhattan, New York City
Rendering of New Rooftop Addition, partial view