823-825 MADISON AVENUE
FACADE RESTORATION & RECONSTRUCTION
The site was originally built as two row houses of four (numbers 821-827) by Lamb & Wheeler in 1880. Two of these, 823 and 825 were combined by S. Edson Gage in 1926, who erected a new facade with stores located at the street level. The retail units have been modified several times over the last three decades, and the last alteration increased the height of the retail facade to a two-level storefront, with a single apartment entrance at the south door. The Landmarks Preservation Commission approved a replacement storefront that maintained much of the remaining limestone and returned the lower two floors to two separate retail units.
Client: Friedland Properties
Completion Date: 2013